Solutions for Research Managers
Our software is used by companies throughout the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Within the chemical sector, our customers are active in paints & coatings, adhesives, personal & household care, and related industries. Because our software works with your own data, it is versatile and can be applied across a whole range of problems.
Most of our customers see pay-back on their investment in less than a year. See here for some representative comments.
The key benefits are:
- Helps you to get products to market faster, by focusing on the most promising avenues of research and reducing the amount experimentation required.
- Helps you to meet changing customer requirements quickly and efficiently, retaining customer loyalty and business.
- Avoids wasting effort - for example, in collecting data that do not contain useful cause-and-effect information, or searching for an optimum that is impossible to achieve within current constraints.
- Highlights which ingredients of a formulation do not contribute to end-use properties, just to cost. Eliminating these can result in an improved bottom line.
- Facilitates information-sharing between colleagues and helps with retention of 'corporate knowledge' within your organization.
- Gives your staff the tools they need to make most effective use of their talents and expertise, without wasting their time on low-level tasks.
How does the software provide the benefits?
Extracting knowledge from data (a process that is encapsulated in the figure below) has historically been a time-consuming process. Our software can short-circuit this, by extracting models and rules from your data, automatically. This frees your scientists to focus on the important 'added value' aspects - the 'why' things happen - and enables them to make informed decisions more quickly.
Installations range from single-user to enterprise-wide. Many clients prefer to start with a single-concurrent-user networkable licence - this can be shared between a number of users, as long as they can access a common server. If usage increases, it is simple to increase the number of licences.
Training and Support
To get full benefits in retaining corporate knowledge, it helps to develop a strong user base within your company. We can run on-site training courses that will get your staff up and running quickly. Courses can be run for up to approximately 20 participants. Our optional support and maintenance package also allows them to contact us for help and advice whenever they need to.
If you want to train only one person, so that they can act as a focal point for expertise within your company, then cost-effective training can be carried out at our site.
Most users prefer the 'perpetual' licence, but an annual lease can be arranged if this fits better with your budget requirements.
For the 'perpetual' licence, annual support and maintenance costs approximately 20% of the initial fee. Annual support and maintenance is optional. However, an unmaintained 'perpetual' licence cannot be expected to work, for example, if your computer's operating systems are upgraded.
Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.