We offer a one-day training course on DryAdd. This is generally tailored to the interests of each particular client, but a typical day would follow an agenda like the one given below.
The DryAdd training course starts with
- Quick walk-through for a linear system: using the Wizatd to set up data sets, running simulations and looking at results
- Quick walk-through for crosslinked systems: using the Wizard, and looking at results for cross-linked systems
It then moves on to an in-depth look at various aspects:
- Setting up materials: using the database of materials, setting up new materials, setting up feed schedules (where not all materials are present at the start of the reaction) and looking at multi-stage simulations using pre-polymers
- Setting up reaction schemes: complicated reactions (reverse reactions, bond breaking, transfer reactions, first order reactions), relations to time and temperature, and setting up multi-stage simulations by switching reactions on and off
- Looking at some specific examples (selected according to the client's interests) including polyurethanes, polyesters, and other popular chemistries
- Simulating free radical reactions
There is a focus on looking at all the possible results that can be obtained from the simulation (graphical, plots, and reports).
The day generally concludes with a hands-on session in which customers can examine particular problems of specific interest to them. This part of the day needs to be organized in advance since it generally means issuing short-term licences on client machines.